BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The How and Why of Cognitive Behavior Therapy


As soon as my schedule allows for a few hours of free time when it's workable, I'm going to find a cognitive behavioral therapist. Traditional therapy has never worked for me. If I'm paying an arm and a leg for something, it damn well better work. This has always sound like you learn strategies, not just wallow in the past, and that's the therapy for me.

I live with bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, OCD manifesting as hoarding disorder (items, and I do fight it, but at this point it's still got the upper hand) and panic disorder. Biofeedback helped with the panic disorder and for anyone reading this let me say that it helped me where drugs did not, and it has no side effects.

It's actually about time that I tried CBT. I've been meaning to for years.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments: