BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ten Questions

This meme was postulated by Mago from 63Mago, and presented at Ethereal Highway, so I will give props to both of them and proceed to bore the fuck out of the rest of you with my retarded answers.

1) Do you believe in ghosts?
I'll copy the answer I gave on the Ghost Seekers group on Facebook because I'm a lazy piece of crap.

I've SEEN one ghost and felt the presence of many others. Some of them have been famous people. Sometimes I meet people in dreams AKA on the astral plane. I'm kind of reluctant to talk about it and will not disclose who the famous ones are.
I am absolutely convinced that I saw the ghost. I was not drunk or high, I was not overly tired. Some people have tried to blame it on my mental illness, but I don't hallucinate as a rule unless I am overly tired, and even then I usually see things like animals, never people. This guy was as real as you or me--it's just that I happened to know he was dead. He had died a few months before. He is someone I knew.
And it wasn't what some shrinks try to claim--that grief was making me see him. I liked the guy well enough--he was a neighbor. I was sorry he died. But I was not in extreme grief of any kind. And he was there for more than a passing glance, then turn around and look again and nothing was there. I stood there looking right at him for at least a full minute before I spoke his name. He smiled at me. It still gives me chills but not in a bad way.
I am not afraid of ghosts. I would love to see another one.
2) Are you content with your life?
Do the words hell to the no resonate with you at all?

3) Have you ever been at or close to point blank? (Defined as the point where one 'snaps'.)
Yes. When I was in junior high school there was this horrible girl who made my life absolute misery. She turned everyone against me so I had no friends. She said the most hateful, ugly things about me. I wanted to kill myself, but I also wanted to kill her and one day I put a knife in my jacket and had walked partway down the street with it when something said to me "don't do it, you don't want to ruin your life over this bitch." So I went home, told my parents I'd forgotten something, and slipped the knife back into the drawer.
I understand how people can be driven to kill if they're being bullied, but I don't understand how they can kill random people who had nothing to do with the bullying. I could never kill some random person or someone who had never harmed me in any way.

4) Is philosophy necessary?
I think that life would be duller without it. Some philosophy is really helpful, other philosophy is just navel contemplation. You be the judge.

5) Do you live with books?
I probably have too many books to read in this lifetime.

6) Have you ever been on stage?
A lot when I was younger. I loved it. I miss it.

7) Do you regularly read a printed newspaper?
At least the front page. The residents at the retirement community get papers delivered so I usually take a peek.

8) Are you afraid of the future?
I'm afraid of dying a failure or having some sort of hideous tragedy befall me.

9) Do you know yourself?
Yeah. Why do you think I'm so pissed off all the time.

10) Will you play on?
I do not tag people. You can do it if you want to.

6 comments:

Ethereal Highway said...

I am totally intrigued by your answer to number one. I'm glad you shared with me about some of that stuff before. My own experiences per question number one are not so clear cut, but I believe you. And I don't think it's crazy.

jumpinginpuddles said...

so is it ok if i give you ten more questions cause damn it you were on my list of invites LOL

Cie Cheesemeister said...

EH: Thank you. You know, its never been so much whether people believe me or not, but their attitudes about it. I hate people who scoff and sneer. I've never experienced alien contact, but I'm not going to discount the possibility that others actually might have. I hate the attitude that some people have of "I've never experienced it, therefore it doesn't exist."

JIP: Of course! I'll answer later after I've had some sleep otherwise my answers will all look something like this:
wqpetpy tqq-34 cj;atiop as my head hits the keyboard! ;-)

Amanda said...

I hate the attitude that some people have of "I've never experienced it, therefore it doesn't exist."

1++++++++++++++ :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you cheesemeister for taking part - I am glad to see and hear you again!

Anonymous said...

I did not know that you where performing.