BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to Stop Hiding and Reclaim Our Lives

An excellent piece and just what I needed to read. Not your fault that I cringed at the part about the hiding from commitment--I literally and genuinely do not want that sort of commitment. I have been celibate for 12 years and plan to remain that way for life. I have bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder and romantic connections are extremely unhealthy for me. However, what I would like to change is my place in life. I am a caregiver and a very unhappy one. The stuff I love is all artistic--writing, acting, art. But on and off since 1988 I have worked in long term care facilities and am even involved in a nursing certification program even though I hate the idea of working as a caregiver for the rest of my life. I have no idea how to make the transition. I submit short stories to anthologies for charity and I did at one point self-publish a book, which I later pulled from circulation. I'm nearly 50 years old and this is a miserable place to be. I appreciate this piece and the non-blaming style in which you wrote it. Sometimes such articles tend to be acerbic, but yours was not. I hope to read more from you in the future.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments: