BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An Ode to Black Women and a Fair, Firm Message to ALL Others

I can't say I know how it feels to live as a black woman because I am white and thus my saying such a thing would be hypocritical. I can say that from reading your words I feel and understand your pain and outrage.

I do think that there is a negative trend concerning women regardless of race. Those who stand up for our right to be treated as human rather than allowing ourselves to be sexualized, those of us who demand to be treated with respect and equality, are seen as being too demanding, too angry, and having standards that are too high. As if we should be pleased at being objectified and treated as second class citizens.

I know that wasn't the major point of your article but it really resonated with me.

Women of all races need to stand up for one another. I hope you will keep speaking the truth even though I am sure you will encounter detractors.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments: